About Me

Hello I am Graham Joslin 21 years old from Plymouth, UK where I am currently studying photography at the University of Portsmouth. In this blog I will be sharing to you all my photography work that I take both personal and also projects from the university. Photography is a huge passion of mine,I cannot go anywhere without taking my camera with me. I am interested in all aspects of photography such as Urban Photography, Street Photography, Architecture, Nature and Landscapes and Documentary and editorial photography.

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Portsmouth Architecture Storytelling Project

Architectural photography has always been on of the styles that interests me the most and for my storytelling and the photobook project for university I wanted to focus on the buildings and architecture in portsmouth but a close up view of the building facade. I was inspired by the likes of Andreas Gursky, Michael Wolf, Jared Lim and Alexandre Jacques when producing my own images as well as the building facades shape, texture, form and the geometry. I felt that you can get a more abstract point of view when you look into the finer details of the building rather than your traditional architectural shot. When capturing these images I as well as looking closer in I also wanted to experiment with angles using Aleksander Rodchenko as my inspiration with his Rodchenko angles where he would capture his images from different points of view.







No comments:

Post a Comment